Official Distributor for Volvo Construction & Equipment, Volvo Penta, Volvo Trucks and Volvo Bus, SMT Africa (www.smt.network) offers a wide range of products in more than twenty countries of North, West & Central Africa.
Based in Brussels (Belgium), SMT Africa coordinates the dispatch of vehicles and spare parts to the various African subsidiaries as well as the technical service.
We operate an outstanding own sales and service network with operational agility and entrepreneurial spirit. By engaging in partnerships with our customers, we create value delivering state-of-the-art services and products. Our ambition in both territory coverage and product portfolio is a strong commitment to support our customer’s growth.
The after-sales manager is in charge of steering and developing activities related to maintenance and repair contracts, in collaboration with the sales department.
The role is to maximise the availability of the Volvo and Sennebogen machine fleet.
– Drawing up the after sales annual budget,
– Analyze monthly results and key business indicators and implement the necessary action plans,
– Communicate regularly on results and action plans with his team and management
– To get involved in customer contacts, analyse markets, and look for new opportunities,
– Preparing relevant service offers according to customer needs, implementing promotional actions, responding to calls for tenders.
– Lead your team in a spirit of continuous progress (quality, deadlines, costs, productivity, safety and working conditions), set objectives, share your experience and knowledge,
– Establish the schedule and distribute the workload,
– Recruiting, developing skills, conducting annual appraisal interviews,
– Arrange the reception and customer reception area of the workshop
– Manage relations with insurance experts
– Adapt the organization according to the volume of activity and the objectives Quality of service
– Manage the optimization of the workshop load between teams and/or between sites
– Organize the workshop work areas and control flows (customers, repair orders,…)
– Monitor work in progress (repair orders, warranty, …)
– Ensure the maintenance of the machines in accordance with the standards prescribed by the manufacturer and the customer’s contract (respect of maintenance frequencies, use of original parts for machines under warranty, …)
– Ensure reliable and accurate diagnostics
– Plan the repairs needed to restore broken machines and reduce offtime
– Contact the technical platform at SMT headquarters for any technical problem that cannot be solved locally and ensure that the information is traced back to the relevant agent(s).
Parts stock management:
– Ensuring the availability of on-site parts necessary for the maintenance and repair of stopped machines
– To steer the purchases made in his department, and to manage the relationship with the suppliers concerned.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in heavy vehicle maintenance in a mining and/or construction equipment environment.
Technical education (electro-mechanical engineer) or equivalent by experience
Technical and/or specific knowledge / skills
– Technical knowledge of construction equipment, preferably Volvo, Sennebogen, Caterpillar, Komatsu or other premium brands.
– Knowledge of diagnostic tools: Techtool, Impact, Vodia
– Technical knowledge of trucks
– Managerial skills
– Knowledge of Africa or the mining and construction sectors
Behavioural and/or relational skills :
– Customer satisfaction oriented
– Managing and motivating a diverse team
– Solution and results oriented
– Persevering and dynamic
– Enjoying working in a challenging environment
A real opportunity to enhance your experience and develop your skills. A position based in Gabon within an international group that combines autonomy and initiative. A working environment with a human dimension and a dynamic, voluntary and ambitious corporate culture, where team spirit, customer satisfaction, flexibility and quality of service are the main values.
French and English knowledge required