Official Distributor for Volvo Construction & Equipment, Volvo Penta, Volvo Trucks and Volvo Bus, SMT Africa (www.smt.network) offers a wide range of products in more than twenty countries of North, West & Central Africa.
Based in Brussels (Belgium), SMT Africa coordinates the dispatch of vehicles and spare parts to the various African subsidiaries as well as the technical service.
We operate an outstanding own sales and service network with operational agility and entrepreneurial spirit. By engaging in partnerships with our customers, we create value delivering state-of-the-art services and products. Our ambition in both territory coverage and product portfolio is a strong commitment to support our customer’s growth.
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, the Sales Engineer is responsible for a portfolio of construction equipment brands.
Main responsibilities are:
- Initiation, planning, preparation and making customer visits
- Preparation and arrangement of meetings with producer
- Collation, structuring and making available user feedback for development purposes
- Initiating and implementing sales-supporting activities, demonstrations and meetings
- Assistance with drawing up quotations and calculations
- Drawing up presentations
- Participate in manufacturer’s train the trainer programs and in turn plan and execute network sales team training.
- Advising customers with regards to machine specifications for customer-specific application requirements
- Perform site simulation calculations
Sales and Product Marketing
- Respond to technical/commercial queries from customers (internal and external)
- Prepare commercial offers for affiliates as well as direct customers
- Follow up of competition in our territories
- Support commercial teams by creating offers, sales pitch, training, …
- Higher education with technical specification
- Minimum 5 year of relevant experience
- Good understanding of automotive/equipment distribution sector
- Africa experience and/or interest
- Very good technical skills
- Cultural openness and social agility
- Good problem solving skills
- Good commercial and interpersonal skills
- Rigorous and discreet in dealing with files
- Willing to travel to Africa on a regular basis
SMT Africa offers you a real opportunity to enhance your experience and develop your skills. A function with an international influence that combines autonomy and initiative. A framework with a human dimension and a dynamic corporate culture, voluntary and ambitious, where team spirit, customer satisfaction, flexibility and the quality of its services are recognized as its main values.
Proficient in English and French