Official Distributor for Volvo Construction & Equipment, Volvo Penta, Volvo Trucks and Volvo Bus, SMT Africa (www.smt.network) offers a wide range of products in more than twenty countries of North, West & Central Africa.
Based in Brussels (Belgium), SMT Africa coordinates the dispatch of vehicles and spare parts to the various African subsidiaries as well as the technical service.
We operate an outstanding own sales and service network with operational agility and entrepreneurial spirit. By engaging in partnerships with our customers, we create value delivering state-of-the-art services and products. Our ambition in both territory coverage and product portfolio is a strong commitment to support our customer’s growth
Short term offer from March to August 2020
Working as part of a small team, the Marketing and Communication Officer will be involved in all aspects of the marketing strategy with a strong focus on design and social media; taking responsibility for producing various types of marketing collateral, communications and managing social media to ensure brand consistency across the company.
The successful candidate will have a mix of creative, design and marketing skills and will be a self-motivated and highly organised individual who can manage several projects at once. They will also have the desire to come forward with new ideas and contribute to the bigger picture.
A strong working knowledge of Adobe CS including Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is essential. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro is advantageous.
• Artwork creation: brochures, adverts, flyers, business cards and other marketing collateral and preparing artwork for print where necessary
• Designing and producing highly creative, impactful presentations for new business pitches and client presentations
• Create designs for e-marketing campaigns
• Design or adjust artwork and sales documents in line with brand guidelines
• Effectively manage multiple briefs at a time, prioritising where necessary and providing updates where relevant
• Work with sales and other internal departments to understand their needs
• Think creatively, generate new ideas, designs and concepts
Working closely with the Marketing Manager you will be required to have a hands-on approach to organising events and exhibitions.
• Help to plan and deliver exhibitions, events, corporate hospitality and conferences
• Creation of promotional merchandise, show flyers, pre and post event marketing
• Venue finding and delegate management
• Detailed event admin and logistics
• On-site management and post-event analysis
• Update website with news items, vacancies and other content via the web content management system
• Update social media including You tube Facebook and LinkedIn
• Assist with writing of press releases, trade articles and case studies
Administrative / General:
• Database management
• Lead tracking and reporting following marketing campaigns
• Update internal office digital signage
• Other general duties
Experience of working in a graphic design or marketing role
• Hands-on, self-motivated and naturally organised individual
• Creative with good attention to detail
• Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Proactive, task driven and positive attitude
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Competence in the following softwares is required:
• Adobe CS – InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
• Microsoft Office in particular Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Dutch is a plus