Official Distributor for Volvo Construction & Equipment, Volvo Penta and Volvo Trucks, SMT (www.smt.network) offers a wide range of products in over 20 countries of West & Central Africa, Belgium, The Netherlands and Great Britain.
We operate an outstanding own sales and service network with operational agility and entrepreneurial spirit. By engaging in partnerships with our customers, we create value delivering state-of-the-art services and products. Our ambition in both territory coverage and product portfolio is a strong commitment to support our customer’s growth.
In order to respond to our growing business, we are currently looking for an Order Handling Specialist to join our team in Antwerp (Belgium)
Entering and handling of customer orders via the business ERP systems accurately and in a timely manner; keep logistics and sales teams continuously updated on the status of the orders. Fully involved with warehouse management team to coordinate and secure supply of orders.
- Ensure the on-time and complete entering of the orders in the different ERP systems
- Check trade compliance issues for each order
- Generate order acknowledgments
- Support warehouse team and make sure items are delivered on-time and complete
- Keep a close contact with the sales team to inform of any delays and problem
- Handover documentation requirements to warehouse logistics team and ensure the documentation is delivered complete and on-time
- Provide constant status updates to subsidiaries, direct costumers and head quarter office
- Conduct data management activities using the ERP
- Maintain accurate and updated order logs
- Discrepancy claim handling with suppliers
- Previous experience handling orders (automotive parts)
- Organized with good time management and coordination skills
- Excellent communications skills, verbally and written
- Ability to work on ERP systems and Microsoft based programs
- Experience in shipping is a plus
- Supply chain basic knowledge, accuracy and data entry skills
- Analytical skills
- Able to deal with complexity
- Deadline oriented
- Able to work under pressure
- Team player
- Customer oriented
- Cost conscious
In addition to a motivating salary package that matches your ambitions and your results, SMT Africa offers you a real opportunity to enhance your experience and develop your skills. A function with an international influence that combines autonomy and initiative. A framework with a human dimension and a dynamic corporate culture, voluntary and ambitious, where team spirit, customer satisfaction, flexibility and the quality of its services are recognized as its main values.
Fluent in English and French
Knowledge of Dutch