Official Distributor for Volvo Construction & Equipment, Volvo Penta and Volvo Trucks, SMT Africa (www.smt.network) offers a wide range of products in more than twenty countries of North, West & Central Africa.
Based in Delta (Brussels, Belgium), SMT Africa coordinates the dispatch of vehicles and spare parts to African subsidiaries as well as the technical service.
We operate an outstanding own sales and service network with operational agility and entrepreneurial spirit. By engaging in partnerships with our customers, we create value delivering state-of-the-art services and products.
Our ambition in both territory coverage and product portfolio is a strong commitment to support our customer’s growth.
SMT Africa is actively looking for a IT Helpdesk Officer
The IT department is in charge of the resources, infrastructure and information systems. This department is responsible for the implementation of the IT policies. It is responsible for the efficiency, reliability and stability of the systems and is continuously looking to improve the processes to better support the development of the organisation.
You will be responsible for giving IT support to our employees on all our systems. You will be solving issues by identifying the source, you will advise on actions to be taken. You are also responsible for the follow up of the incident management tool.
- Answering questions and calls from the employees of both Brussels and Antwerp sites within appropriate timeframe.
- Analyze and interpret client’s problems, decide on priorities to be solved
- Propose corrective actions to each users, provide advises or instructions in order to solve the issue
- Administer recording system and manage incidents (users, hard and sofware)
- Log in and maintain working instructions in systems
- Manage access and autorisation within AD Microsoft
- Manage system administration, install and configure pc’s, tablets and phones
Bachelor Degree in IT
Knowledge of recent Microsoft products
Ability solve technical problems (level 1 and 2), you are able to adapt to the environment to reach the objectives
You can communicate clearly, taking into account the other
Customer satisfaction and result oriented, you are keen to develop your competencies and grow in the role
You enjoy working in team, you are keeping yourself informed about the evolution of the IT solutions
You have a valid driving licence
You will hold a key position in a young and dynamic multinational, which allows space for ideas and initiative and is constantly growing. We are offering you an attractive salary along with very favourable extra-legal advantages.
French and English knowledge required.
Some knowledge of Dutch will be appreciated