Would you like to work with the internationally recognised and market-leading Volvo Construction Equipment brand?
Here at SMTGB we are always on the look-out for the best people and we currently have an opportunity for a home-based Customer Support Representative. In this role you will work in the East of Anglia covering the counties of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Norfolk.
The role will also cover a small area of the East Midlands covering Northamptonshire and Buckinghamshire. If you are looking for a position with opportunities to progress your career then we are a company that wants to help you, guide you, and inspire you to achieve your full potential. SMTGB has an employee focused approach and we are a ‘learning company’ which continually facilitates the development of our employees to improve our business.
You will be responsible for taking the lead in growing the aftermarket business by utilising customer and market information in order to develop local strategies and business plans. You will be responsible for selling the complete range of customer support products and service solutions together with the management of both new and existing customer accounts.
In addition, you will need to be self-motivated, able to professionally carry out your work either alone or as part of a team, be keen to undertake personal development through SMT training and have well developed communication skills. Technical knowledge about construction equipment would be a distinct advantage.
- To develop plans for aftermarket business growth aligned with both the depot and overall organisational objectives through effective use of customer and market data.
- To develop and maintain customer relationships whilst seeking opportunities with new customers and maintaining market segmentation data.
- To maintain and grow the customer support agreement market penetration through the existing machine population.
- To identify opportunities in order to increase the participation rate of estimates.
- To lead aftermarket promotions through effective communication together with active engagement of customers.
- To identify, report and create actions to address any risks to existing business including customer support agreements.
- To represent the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- To create detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process ensuring accurate rapid cost calculations, providing customers with professional quotations where required.
Customer Support Representative | Customer Support | Business Growth | Asset Management Strategy | Negotiation | Sales | Construction | Customer Service
SMT offer a great employment package of;
Competitive rates of pay plus CSR bonus schemes / Company car / Pension scheme of 5% matched contributions / Life insurance, and a medical cash plan / Holidays start from 30 days rising to 35 days per annum including bank holidays.
Other benefits include, Cycle2Work scheme, employee assistance programme, Christmas hamper and more.
- Understanding the customers’ business needs and asset management strategy.
- Strong and applicable commercial knowledge with sound business acumen.
- The ability and desire to sell using strong personal credibility and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a strong sense of ownership and follow up.
- The ability to effectively negotiate by overcoming objections as well as dealing with rejection.
- A strong customer service bias; someone who is solution-focused and able to deliver on commitments internally and externally whilst building and maintaining dealer and customer relationships.
- The skills and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding ‘Supporting SMT GB Tools’ and systems as well as SMT GB’s total product offering.
To apply for this role, you need to have a proven track record of sales and customer service experience in the construction industry preferably with technical experience in construction equipment.
SMT GB markets Volvo Construction Equipment products including wheeled loaders, articulated haulers, hydraulic excavators, utility equipment and road equipment products in Great Britain.